Episkopeio or Piskopeio, as it is called by the locals, is built on the slopes of a pine-covered hill. It is 5 km from Hermoupolis, located to the east of the road to Kini. It was the first favorite resort of the notable local residents, who built impressive and stately villas around the 19th century. Today abandonment dominates and most villas are in ruins.
At the top of the hill is situated the church of Prophet Elias, with great view. Leaving the village and towards Malia is one of the most beautiful churches in the area, the Virgin Piskopiani (1624).