The Quarantine is situated on the south side of the harbor, in Lazareta. It’s an impressively large building, built in 1837 to keep in quarantine travelers who came to the island at the time that cholera and other diseases mowed populations. In the Cretan revolution, in 1866, it was used as a refuge for the Cretan refugees and at the end of the last century as a prison.
https://go2syros.gr/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/limomathartirio_490001464.jpg 707 1262 Go2Syros Portal https://go2syros.gr/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Logo_A_.png Go2Syros Portal2018-03-16 12:29:462018-03-20 17:01:37The Quarantine
There are no photos with those IDs or post 7748 does not have any attached images!