Departure from Piraeus Port. Arrival in Syros, meeting with our office representative. In our way to the hotel a stunning path unfolds in front of us. The time is perfect for a passage through the bustling market of Hermoupolis, a city which carries the cultural heritage of the birth of the Greek State and yet so interesting and lively all year round. Passing by the picturesque narrow granite paved streets, we arrive at our small hotel. The day is ahead for exploration of Neoclassical Hermoupolis and the secrets it holds, visit the Medieval town of Ano Syros and walk the streets and neighbourhood of Vamvakaris, have a coffee or a meal with breathtaking view at one of the cafes or taverns of the traditional settlement.
Hermoupolis, an administrative and economic centre of the Cyclades, has a plethora of important and very interesting museums,the visitor should visit during his stay on the island.
Find here the main ones:
· The Archaeological Museum, housed in the City Hall in Hermoupolis which presents archaeological finds from the area of the Cyclades.
· The Cultural Center, next to City Hall, where the Municipal Library and presented art exhibitions are housed.
· The Cyclades Art Gallery, located at the back of Customs Office buildings with permanent collections and temporary exhibitions.
· The Industrial Museum of Hermoupolis, which has a collection of old machines from the early Greek factories of Hermoupolis and an archive of testimonies.
· The Museum of Cycladic Art, located in the Cultural Center of the City, next to City Hall which includes copies of Cycladic Art Goulandris Museum.
· The Ecclesiastical Museum of Hermoupolis, housed in the church of the Transfiguration, which is also the Cathedral.
· The St. George Cemetery, which is essentially an open-air museum, with tombstones from Greek and foreign sculptors.
· The Museum of Ano Syros, which houses the collection of traditional tools and household appliances.
· The Markos Vamvakaris Museum, housed in his residence, which was renovated in 1995 and includes personal belongings and testimonials from the life of the great composer of Rebetiko.
You should certainly not miss the chance to visit the City Hall, which is a living museum, project of the Austrian architect Ziller and the Vaporia district with the imposing church of St. Nicholas. The many restaurants, bars and night clubs of the island promise a pleasant evening all year round.
Ideally we recommend a visit to the villages of Syros by bus or rental car to be able to experience the quaint fishing villages like Kini and Foinikas, the touristic resort of Galissas but also Delagratsia with the magnificent mansions-towers of the nobles of the last century. In the afternoon you will be transported to the port to return to Athens.
Boat tickets in economy section.
Transport from and to the port.
Three nights accommodation in selected Hotel or Room.
Tourist guide and map of the island.
VAT and all taxes
Does Not Include
Entrance tickets to museums
Whatever is indicated to the program as optional or recommended
Tour to Hermoupolis (2 hours) 15.00€/person
Hermoupolis – Ano Syros (3 hours) 20.00€/person
Island Tour (4 hours) 35.00€/person
Daily use of car 20.00€
24 hour car rental 25.00€/day
The package is valid for the whole year except for the months of July and August.
The tours are made with minimal participation of 4 persons.
The plane price is valid for bookings of at least 21 days before making the trip and depend on availability due to limited number of seats.
Prices may change without prior notice.
Do not miss
Worth a look
The Neoclassical Hermoupolis with the many museums.
The Medieval castle of Ano Syros.
The seaside villages of Foinikas and Kini for a swim and coffee in the sunset by the sea.
The Ntelagkratsia (Poseidonia), with its towers and its magnificent mansions.
The touristic Galissas.
The mountain villages of Apano Meria.
What to eat
Fresh fish and seafood, capers salad, parsley salad, San Michali cheese, veal in a pot with sage, oregano lamb.
What to buy
Traditional delights and Halva, Halvadopita of Syros, San Michali cheese, local sausages with anise and the local traditional Delicatessen called “Louza”.