The Club “Hellas” (Cultural Center)

In the 1830s, the Hermoupolis’ traders founded clubs, following the standards of the English clubs. These clubs were […]

Apollo Theatre

Vardaka Square, tel. 22810-85192. It was built in 1862-1864 and is also a work of the Italian architect […]

Archeological Museum

Emmanouil Benaki st., to the northwest side of the City Hall tel. 22810-88487. Open daily 8:30 to 15:00, […]

Miaoulis Square

Big and beautiful square with palm trees, lots of cafes and shops, dominated by the imposing neoclassical City […]

Town hall

Open daily 9:00 to 15:00 The grand two-storey building was built by the famous German architect Ernst Ziller, […]

The Public Library

The Municipal Library is housed on the ground floor of the building of the Cultural Centre to the […]

Church of St Nicholas the Rich

Open daily 7:00 to 12:00 and 16:30 to 19:00, tel. 22810-82623 Saint Nicholas is the patron saint of […]

The 1st Gymnasium

The 1st Gymnasium of Syros is a frugal neoclassical building built in 1833, when Syros obtained the first […]

The Cemetery

The Cemetery of St. George is located in the district of Neapolis. It is divided into three sections: […]

Church of the Resurrection

It was built from 1879 to 1909 in the hilltop Dili, right as we look at the port. […]

Church of the Assumption

The three-aisled basilica, Virgin Mary of the Psara residents, is chronologically the second church of Syros (1828-1829). At […]

The Shipyard & the boatyard

The boatyards and shipyards of Syros are located on the west side of the harbor and were settled […]

The Quarantine

The Quarantine is situated on the south side of the harbor, in Lazareta. It’s an impressively large building, […]

The ‘Transfiguration’ Cathedral

Open daily from 7:30 to 13:00 and 17:00 to 19:30, tel. 22810-82467 You will be redirected here from […]

The Customs House

The office is located on the east side of the port of Syros in the “islet”. The building […]